- Improves surface finish by eliminating the peaks and valleys.
- Create maximum bearing area between the mating surfaces.
- Improves service life of the moving parts which are subject to wear.
- Improves geometrical and dimensional accuracies.
- There is absolutely no distortion in the component after lapping since no clamping devices are used.
- Minimizes the necessity of re hardening hardened parts because of less heat generation.
- Accessible flat surfaces of parts of any shape and size and any type of material can be lapped.
- Simple carrier plate design is enough to accommodate the component for lapping (i.e.) complicated fixture is not required.
- Any unskilled operator can work on the machine.
Tuesday, June 30, 2015
Advantages of Lapping
Monday, June 22, 2015
Lapping is the process of rubbing two surfaces together with a lapping medium (Lapping fluid and Lapping Grit) between them.
Lapping is a low pressure abrading process which is employed as a precision finishing operation tooling to achieve high dimensional accuracy, improve geometrical accuracy, fine surface finish and ensure close fit between mating parts.
Peaks and valleys before lapping
Peaks and valleys after lapping
Tuesday, June 2, 2015
Lapping is the process of rubbing two surfaces together with a #lappingmedium (Lapping fluid and Lapping Grit) between them.
Stone age man (fig-1) used the process of lapping in preparing their tool and implements to the extent that they drilled holes in a work piece by rotating sticks on it sand strewn surface.
A sketch as shown above (fig-2) from the German Museum in Munich, which has illustrated a probable early “Lapping Machine”
Friday, February 13, 2015
GMT offers #workholding solutions to meet your machining requirement. GMT makes custom built chucking system for special applications. These specially designed Power Operated Chucks have gained the trust of GMT customers due to GMT’s high technical standards.With modern #manufacturing facilities, GMT is able to meet & deliver special workholding for special applications.#gmtchucks
Wednesday, January 28, 2015
LIGHT DUTY C C C WITH RECTANGLE HEAVY DUTY BASE
Guindy Machine Tools Limited
214, Old no.196,
Velachery Tambaram Main Road,
Tamil Nadu, India